• СOVID19 in characterized by unique pattern of proinflammatory cytokine synthesis including IL-18/ferritin and IL-17A; IL-6/CRP and IL-8/TNFa/procalcitonin; IL-10/lymphopenia;
• Profiles of cytokines and laboratory biomarkers resemble both sepsis and hemophagocytic (MAS) syndrome;
• Levels of proinflammatory monocytic cytokines are higher in patients further transferred to ICU for pulmonary support and are associated with high mortality;
• Cytokine storm parameters are higher in patients belonging to risk groups (higher age and with higher number of comorbidities);
• Integrated Cytokine Storm Score can help to predict most severe cases of COVID-19 disease.
Olga Y. Tkachenko, Margarita Y. Pervakova, and Sergey V. Lapin. Laboratory characteristics of cytokine storm syndrome in COVID-19 infection. In: Future of autoimmunity research: Autoimmunity, CODID-19, postCODID19 syndrome and COVID-19 vaccination. Volume 1. Edited by Yehuda Shoenfeld and Arad Dotan. 2022. https://shop.elsevier.com/books/autoimmunity-covid-19-post-covid19-syndrome-and-covid-19-vaccination...